Saturday, April 17, 2010

Personal preference for practicing with paracletal performers

I want to lead a troupe composed of performers willing to act while teaching others to act as well. The troupe will study theory, then collaborate in putting theory into practice. Although my personal theology will take priority for practice purposes of leadership, covenantal compromise for the sake of community will be highly valued. Open communication demands that any compromise must be examined closely. Right relationship always has highest priority.

[NOTE: I coined the adjective "paracletal" used in the title for this post. It is based the Greek term paraclete which can be translated "one called alongside another to help/counsel/comfort/advocate. My intention is that I will find other like-minded performers who will come alongside me in my own calling to do what I do myself.]

No comments: