Sunday, June 29, 2008

I AM BREATHING IN

I am breathing in
I am alive
I move among the many
my movement
emitting fragrant life
radiating ready sensibility
inspired by inherent power
blown into my being right at birth.
Wind blows air around me
and
I am breathing in
I let air rush into my lungs where blood
receives the life to bring it to my body
and though my body wastes away
It is renewed
by blood exchanging waste for life.
I am breathing
in out
The air I breathe becomes blood
bringing life to body
making me able to move and be an instrument
of grace
I am alive
inspired thus by God.


- Craig R. Tavani / May 5, 2003
I wrote this after a friend came to visit me when I was going through a very dark time.
It is “inspired” by a breathing exercise he shared with me that he said really helped him

No comments: